Eggs Benedict on top of Irish Soda Bread and loaded with Corned Beef with a heavenly Corned Beef and Cabbage Hash, is the perfect Irish Brunch!
For the Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 whole yellow onion, quartered
- 3 pound corned beef brisket
- 8 ounces Guinness
For the Irish Soda Bread
- I used this recipe from Eat Live Run. (The only alteration I made was eliminating the oats.)
For the Hollandaise Sauce
- I used this recipe from Tyler Florence. (I’ve used this multiple times and it always comes out perfect! Tip: An electric whisk will make this SO easy and fast!)
For the Corned Beef and Cabbage Hash
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 pound potatoes, boiled until cooked
- salt and pepper
For the Assembly
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 4-6 cups fresh spinach, wilted
- 6 eggs,poached (Here is a great and easy how-to!)
- The night before your breakfast/brunch. In a 5 quart crock pot, throw in the quartered onion.
- Place in the beef brisket, fatty side up.
- Pour the beer over the brisket, and pour water over it until it is almost covered.
- Put the lid on and cook on low overnight for 10 hours.
- In the morning, pull it out and set it on a cutting board. Allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Reserve the onions and cooking liquid.
- In the meantime, make your Irish Soda Bread, bake it, and set it aside.
- Make your hollandaise sauce, and keep warm resting over a double boiler on low until ready to use. (If it thickens up to much by the time you’re ready to use it, just add a few drops of water until its back to its correct consistency!)
- To assemble, toast a slice of the Irish soda bread, and cut it in half.
- Place a slice of tomato on each half, followed by a spoonful of wilted spinach.
- Add on a slice or two of the beef brisket. Place a poached egg on top.
- Spoon on some hollandaise sauce.
To make the Corned Beef and Cabbage HashRoughly smash up the boiled potatoes.
- Add in 2 cups of chopped up corned beef, and some salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet up to medium-high heat, and ,e,t the 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Add the reserved onions from the crock pot and using a spatula push the potato mix down flat.
- Cook until brown and flip cooking the other side until brown. Roughly toss.
- In a separate skillet with a fitted lid, toss the cabbage with 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid from the corned beef.
- Cover and cook until softened.
- Once done, drain all except 1 tablespoon of the liquid.
Add the cabbage and remaining liquid to the corned beef hash. Toss to mix thoroughly.